We believe that Fair Trade can change the world. This business is designed to be both an advocate for Fair Trade and to showcase products that are doing it well. Our label 'Awear..social re-design' and all the designers we support follow the 'World Fair Trade Organisations' 10 principles of Fair Trade:
- Creating Opportunities for Economically Disadvantaged Producers
- Transparency and Accountability
- Fair Trading Practices
- Payment of a Fair Price
- Ensuring no Child Labour and Forced Labour
- Commitment to Non Discrimination, Gender Equity and Freedom of Association
- Ensuring Good Working Conditions
- Providing Capacity Building
- Promoting Fair Trade
- Respect for the Environment
We are a member of 'Fair Trade Australia and New Zealand'. We are actively involved with the 'Fair Trade NSW Networking Group' and facilitate the 'Fair Trade Newcastle/Hunter/Lake Macquarie' network group.
We have been in business now for over 4 years and it's been an amazing journey. We started with one rack of clothes and a few Up-cycled handbags. Now we have our own label and we are wholesaling to boutiques across Australia.
Due to demand, this year we are launching an online store to show case a few items, this is so customers who can't get to our markets or boutiques can have the opportunity to purchase from our range too.
If you have any questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or via Facebook by clicking on the link below: